Skip to main content


In the 17th century, a crucifixion group from the 15th century was erected on the Steinfeld Calvary.

In order to protect it from the effects of the weather, it was moved to the entrance room of the basilica in 1951. A simple wooden cross was set up as a substitute.

In 2020 it was replaced by a more elaborately designed cross.